An Email to...

I thought I would try something new this week. I got online. I looked up an email address, typed up a message and pressed send. Off it went while I wondered if I would get a response. Within seconds I received the only response I would ever get.

Thank you for e-mailing President Bush.  Your ideas and comments are

very important to him.

Because of the large volume of e-mail received, the President cannot
personally respond to each message. However, the White House staff
considers and reports citizen ideas and concerns.

In addition to President@WhiteHouse.gov, we have developed White House
Web Mail, an automated e-mail response system. Please access
http://www.whitehouse.gov/webmail to submit comments on a specific
issue.

Additionally, we welcome you to visit our website for the most
up-to-date information on current events and topics of interest to you.

Luke 11:9-13: 9 “So I say to you, Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you.10 For everyone who asks receives, and everyone who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.11 Is there anyone among you who, if your child asks for a fish, will give a snake instead of a fish?12 Or if the child asks for an egg, will give a scorpion?13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Thankfully we have a high priest that allows us to enter into the presence of our Lord anytime we desire. Hopefully, we remain in that presence our whole lives.

This will somehow be turned into the introduction of our sermons. As the priesthood of believers there isn't a barrier between us and God. We have a direct link with our commander. We do not need an intermediary. I find such assurance in that.

Watch out for the potholes.