Paranoid Kittens

Sometimes I wonder if I write the same things over and over again. It's kind of like a John Saul novel. I used to be a huge John Saul fan in high school. Once you've read a few of them, you've read them all. Although if you want to read a good horror football story, check out Creature. It's what can happen if you genetically engineer your high school football players to be the best in the state. And of course, it goes wrong.

***

My two kittens are different than the other cats we have. If you don't know the story, I found the two kittens were, literally, starving to death. We took them in. The thing that is different about them is their approach to food. I blame it on the fact that they had to go without for so long early in life. When the cat food dish is out of food, the the two kittens go nuts whining and screaming around the house. My other cats jknow we will replace the food as soon as we notice. They don't bug us. They have never gone without.

(Mat 5:6 NASB) "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."

Righteousness gets a bad rap in the church today. We are accused of being legalistic if we hunger or thirst for it. But if you will notice, it is usually those who went without it for a period of time that hunger for it the most. Just like my kittens do with their food.

***

I watched a special on the problem in Sudan last week. That situation almost makes me want to abandon my non-violent stance and go in there with guns blazing to rescue the Darfor people from genocide. But then I thought to myself, what can I do to help? I came up with the idea that we could adopt one of the Darfor orphans. I have been looking and looking for a place to do that. I have contacted around ten different organizations. Pretty much the only international children we can adopt are Chinese, Russian, or Ukrainian. It seems a little strange to me that none of the organizations are in the really troubled areas. So if you read this and know of a way to help the Darfor people, please let me know.

***

I laid on the floor by my computer last night and listened to the Illinois Senate debate between Alan Keyes and Barack Obama. It was a much better debate than either of the Presidential debates to this point. Although, I did enjoy the Vice-Presidential debate. I was reaffirmed in my love for Alan Keyes. If you're bored and have an hour, you can listen to it here. I might do it again today.

I don't have a transcript in front of me, but they were trying to pin Keyes down on what he would cut in spending since he wants to do away with the income tax system and institute a national sales tax. Keyes responded in a great diatribe on how cutting spending really isn't the issue. We need to stop the process of politicians in Washington giving away money to people in their states in order to be re-elected. How I wish we could get rid of pork-belly spending.

***

My thoughts on here might not be as thorough for the next few weeks. I have met an incredible artist named Rex. I'll try to get some art of his on here soon, so that you can see that he is really, really good. Anyway, he wants to have a career change (he is 41) and start drawing comic books. So I'm working on one of my comic book ideas. I plan on giving him the first three pages today. That's why I have to get done writing this and move on to typing up what I've written there.

His energy and excitement really is contagious. I guess that is the way it is when you are in a mid-life crisis (his own words, not mine).

Watch out for the potholes.