God in Secular Music Pt. 2

I can't start without acknowledging all of the lives lost in the Tsunami. It makes 9/11 seem like a bike accident. The only difference is on 9/11 some evil guy pushed the bike over.

(On a side note, does anyone know any church that is sending money to help? How does it work? One of my dreams is to be in a church that interacts with the news. We see a tragedy. We contact a church or missionary in the area to give them money to love the people the way he feels they best need it. That would be awesome, and I believe God would be tremendously glorified in the process.)

****

This, sadly, was one of the rock anthems of my pagan life. When I went to see them in concert, I was saddened that they didn't play it. Maybe Trent Reznor had a change of heart from the time in which he wrote it. Another glimpse at the sadness and seperation:

Heresy by NIN

He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see
He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity
He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity

God is dead, and no one cares
If there is a hell, I'll see ya there

He flexed his muscles to keep his flock of sheep in line
He made a virus that would kill off all the swine
His perfect kingdom of killing, suffering and pain
Demands devotion, atrocities done in his name

Your God is dead, and no one cares
Drowning in his own hypocrisy
If there is a hell, I'll see ya there
Burning with your god in humility
Will you die for this?