Never To Buy Gas In Coldwater, MI, Again

If you are a loyal Pulling Weeds reader, you might remember the incident around Thanksgiving in which I was filling up our car with gas while the person next to me was doing the same but continued to let his car run. You can read all the details here, but needless to say I was a little frustrated.

Now, it is much clearer to me how women still cut off their boyfriend's penis. Not that has anything to do with this story, but it goes to show that we have stupid people in our crazy society.

I wish I had my digital camera with me yesterday. I didn't think it would happen again. Here I am filling up my car with my whole family when another imbecile decides to keep his wife and child warm while pumping up his car by leaving the engine running. I would've taken a picture of the guy pumping gas into his running car standing next to the sign that declares the need to turn your engine off. Hello, McFly!

But that wasn't the end of it. Oh, no. God apparently has a sick, twisted sense of humor. After my rant last time, he must've thought, "I'll show him." (Now I know people like Fabian out there think that God has better things to do with his time than to interact with anyone's life in such a way, but we won't get into the warped theology of any of this. I think he might just enjoy a good harmless laugh from events like this once in a while) I have one guy pumping gas into his running car on the one side of me when a man pulls up in his rusted Impala, hops out without turning the car off, and begins to pump gas while his car is still running on the other side of me. I'm surrounded by morons. What in the world!?

The last time this happened to me it was at the same Shell gas station in Coldwater, MI. Apparently, the some of the residents of Coldwater are a little slow on the uptake if you know what I mean. I have come to the conclusion to never buy gas in Coldwater again. The town is just too dangerous. Some of the people there are just too stupid to trust your life with. I'll pump my gas where people are intelligent enough to turn off their engines.

Now, I know there are exceptions to these few idiots of Coldwater who have briefly endangered the life of my wife and children at the Shell station. My wife is a lovely and intelligent Coldwater grad who turns off her car when at the gas station. Ben Brown or Carrie Leazanby (two Coldwaterians that I know), do you let your cars run at gas stations? This is an epidemic that needs to be stopped before a gas station goes up in smoke. However, I guess I shouldn't be that overly concerned any more since I will no longer fill up in Coldwater, MI. Join me in this boycott of the dangerous Coldwater gas stations.

Watch out for the potholes or the stupid people next to you that want to keep their car running while filling up their tank.

If you were expecting to read about The Dysfunctional Family of God, then stop back tomorrow. I've had even longer to think about it.