Ohio's only Democrat Supreme Court Justice

In case you don't see the news. The democrat on the bench in Ohio gets busted for drinking & driving.

I can't even come up with some witty commentary. My brain is fried today after thinking about and writing my sermon the last two days.

***

The President's State of the Union was on last light. It was incredible. I haven't fallen asleep that well since - I don't remember when. Thank you President Bush. I think Lindsay was extremely happy when I finally fell asleep so she could change the channel.

The thing that baffles me about politics is how the Democrats seem to be against things that the Republicans propose just because the Republicans proposed it, and vice-versa. I remember after Mitch Daniel's (new governor of Indiana) proposal to raise the taxes on those who make over $100,000 for one year some Democrat was on the radio speaking out against raising taxes. A democrat against raising taxes. The only conclusion one can come to is that a Republican must be for raising taxes.

It's so bad that I think if the Republicans became pro-choice, the Democrats would become pro-life. What a ridiculous charade we have going in Washington.

***

A few good posts from my friends this week.

If you haven't already, check out Sam Long's (aka mobygunner) post on Passing the Buck.

Also, Shannon Caroland (aka Shannon Caroland) had a great post on the early church having No Needy Persons.

I highly recommend both since I am too lazy today to come up with some spiritual thoughts.

Watch out for the potholes.