A Call at 3:00 a.m.

I hate to receive calls during the middle of the night. You hear the phone ring, and you think to yourself, "Who died?" That is what happened around 3:00 a.m. last night. I heard the phone ring. I wake up, walk over to the phone with trepidation, and pick it up.

"This is a reverse-911 call. We are calling to inform you that everyone within two miles of the intersection of such and such roads are to evacuate. There has been a hydrous oxide spill." Then it hangs up. I wish they would repeat themselves so I could get the details for my blog in the morning, but they didn't. I then proceed wake Lindsay up, and say that we need to evacuate the house because there has been a chemical leak. She doesn't handle it all that well because she thinks the leak is in our house. After I explain things, she understands. We get the kids out of bed, put their coats on, and head out to the car. I grab clothes to wear to work today, and our dog follows along.

The thing is that I don't even know if my house needed to be evacuated, but we figured it was better to be safe than sorry. Now, with a night of half-sleep behind me, I realize I should've called the police and heard the details again before waking up my family. I have to call them this morning and find out if it is okay to go back to our house if our house was never okay to be at.

What a night. Reggie and Brandi also joined us at my parent's house. It was a big sleeping party.

***

An update on my stupidity in Sunday School this week and the meeting with one of the parents. It went very well, and I left the meeting encouraged about things. It was great.

Watch out for the potholes.