The Love of My Child

Writing a daily blog is a chore sometimes. I constantly spend all day thinking about what I am going to write next. Today was no different. On my way home from work I turned off the radio and prayed about what to write about. Nothing came. I continued to pray, sing, create silly poems, and all of the other insane stuff I do when I am alone in the car. Still nothing. I gave up and decided that I would pray and think about it as I was going to bed. Usually if I don't have a post by the time I go to bed, I have it by the time I wake up.

Then I came home. I was running about an hour late tonight because I had an order due today that I was still working on. Isaac was already done eating when I arrived, so I took my plate to the table to eat while Lindsay finished up her meal. Isaac asked me if I wanted him to sit with me. I told him he could play. Then, Lindsay and I were talking. She asked me how I was feeling today. If you don't know me and my health, some evenings I am completely exhausted and have to go to bed at seven while other evenings I am completely fine and feel normal. I told Lindsay that I was feeling good. Isaac was playing on the other side of the room when I said that. We tell Isaac that I'm on a strange diet because I'm not feeling good. When he heard me say that I'm feeling good, he ran across the room to his jelly beans (something I'm not allowed to have on my diet). He then asked me, "Would you like a jelly bean?"

Isaac loves jelly beans, and he knows that I can't have them because of my diet. However, when he heard that I was feeling good, the first thing he thought of was giving me a jelly bean that he loves. I was deeply touched. I explained to him that just because I am feeling good tonight doesn't mean that I can have sugar. I told him that I appreciated that he wanted to give me a jelly bean.

Matthew wrote in Matthew 18:2-4: "He called a child, whom he put among them, and said, 'Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.'"

I hope that I am as quick to love God as Isaac was in loving me. I think I need to work on that.

***

I have an important meeting today around 2:00. If you could pray about it, I would appreciate it. More details to come later.

Watch out for the potholes