I stand in awe of You - An experience at the gathering - Seeing God through the mentally disabled

Yesterday, I experienced a real touching moment at church. We have a rather large group of mentally disabled people. I'm sorry that I don't know the current politically correct phrase for them: I can't even remember what they were called in my Multicultural Education class in college.

Our church has an altar at the front in which anyone can go forward to pray at during any time of the service. We were in the middle of singing songs to God when one of my friends who is thankfully recovering from some brain injuries caused by a motorcycle accident went forward. Then he was followed by two mentally disabled people. Usually at this point, some of us from the congregation will go up to be beside the people who came forward and pray with them. One person did. He was one of the most loved mentally disabled people in our congregation. He went up and prayed with each of them. For some reason I was deeply touched. I don't know if I have relayed that well.

The song that was playing at the time was I Stand in Awe by Mark Altrogge. I don't think I'll ever be able to sing it again without seeing this experience in my mind.

You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard

Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom?
Who can fathom the depth of Your love?
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above

And I stand, I stand in awe of You
I stand, I stand in awe of You.
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of You

Revelation 21:1-7
1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea existed no longer. 2 I also saw the Holy City, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband. 3 Then I heard a loud voice from the throne: Look! God's dwelling is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death will exist no longer; grief, crying, and pain will exist no longer, because the previous things have passed away. 5 Then the One seated on the throne said, "Look! I am making everything new." He also said, "Write, because these words are faithful and true." 6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give to the thirsty from the spring of living water as a gift. 7 The victor will inherit these things, and I will be his God, and he will be My son.

How I long for that day.

Watch out for the potholes.