Adblock - A feature that I have grown to love

Well, I'm a browser roamer. In the last month I have used IE6, IE7, Firefox, Opera, and Avant. But I have grown to love Firefox because of two features. I think my roaming days are over again.

First, if you haven't already, you need to download and install Firefox. If you don't do that, these features are meaningless to you.

Item #1 that I love about Firefox is the spell checker called AspellFox. It works on input boxes I type this sort of stuff in and in forums that I frequent. IE7 also has an add-on like this, so that doesn't make Firefox unique.

The second feature is an advertisement free internet. Now, I understand that advertisements help pay for sites. They give me a little boost on this site when I have them up. However, ever since the blogger in beta upgrade, I haven't been able to successfully get them to work. But if you don't like my ads or anyone else's, you can just not see them. I have no problem with that.

To get tis to work you need to download Adblock Plus. Then download Adblock Filterset.G Updater. This last step isn't necessary, but it allows your filter sets to be updated. Then restart Firefox. Obviously, you'll want to choose the locale that you are from upon its first load. For most of you that would be the United States. Now you will have an ad-free internet experience. It definitely helps speed the internet up on my dial-up connection at home.

Watch out for the potholes and advertisements.