Sucralose (Splenda) and Airborne - a letter to Knight-McDowell labs

I wrote a letter to Knight-McDowell labs today. Knight-McDowell is the manufacturer of Airborne. It pretty much tells the whole store, so I won't repeat it. Here's the letter:

Hi.

I have been using Airborne off and on now for about a month and a half. I work in a mall and am always catching a cold. However, I have not caught a cold during this time despite co-workers getting them. Airborne has been the only change that I have made during this time. Thanks.

However, I am writing to ask that you make an Airborne without sucralose. I try to avoid alternative sugars and sucralose is not something that I or many nutritionists consider to be healthy. You could use natural cane sugar, stevia, or zylotol if you feel that it needs sweetening.

I hope that you seriously consider making an Airborne with a different sweetener, for I love your product but don't want to expose myself to sucralose in a long-term manner. I might just be paranoid, but I know there are many of us out here that have the same view.

Sincerely,
Regan [last name omitted]


Now, I might just be crazy, but here is a link on sucralose. We seem to always be fine with new artificial sweeteners. Then we find out their danger, and they disappear from society.

Donald Rumsfeld introduced us to Nutra Sweet. NutraSweet was not approved by the FDA for 16 years until Donald Rumsfeld took over the company and worked his political tricks to get it approved. Here is a link to an organization that fights against NutraSweet. And here is a link to a page that has some links to articles on the subject. My father also suffered from aspartame poisoning, but is doing better now after having to cleanse himself from it for a year or so.

Watch out for the potholes, aspartame, and sucralose.