Water Conservation in the Shower

I do not understand this.

I just saw a commercial that said (this is not word for word) if everyone showered for two hours less a day, we would be able to fill the Great Lakes.

That sounds nice and everything, but the last time I checked the water that I used in the shower did not disappear after using. It was not wasted. It actually goes from my shower and back out into the ground outside my house. The only thing I am wasting is the energy that it took to pump the water and warm it for my shower.

Does your shower water disappear after using it? Maybe my experience is abnormal. Maybe we could save a lot of water by not showering as much. I bet that is why this area has a lot more water than other areas (lakes and such). We have the Amish, and they do not waste the water by taking daily showers.