Sunrise in the Clouds over Europe

Near the end of a painfully uncomfortable American Airlines flight from New York to Brussels, God blessed me with this beautiful sunrise over Europe. It reminded me of His great blessings. My knee was aching from lack of movement. I didn't get much sleep while flying over the Atlantic through the night. But God reminded me of His majesty through this beauty above the clouds over Europe. It was a great beginning to my trip to Liberia. At the moment, I thought this experience alone would be worth the trip. That was a thought that I would regularly have with many other amazing experiences in the coming days. We serve such a beautiful God.




Maybe you are at a point of pain and suffering in your life. Much worse than just being uncomfortable. If so, I hope you will be comforted in the truth that sun will always rise. Eventually, your dark night will face the dawn. And you will experience something that makes all the pain worth it. 

"I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Jesus in Matthew 28:20 (ESV)

The people who walked in darkness
have seen a great light;
those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness,
on them has light shined.

You have multiplied the nation;
you have increased its joy;
they rejoice before you
as with joy at the harvest,
as they are glad when they divide the spoil.

For the yoke of his burden,
and the staff for his shoulder,
the rod of his oppressor,
you have broken as on the day of Midian.

For every boot of the tramping warrior in battle tumult
and every garment rolled in blood
will be burned as fuel for the fire.

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:2-6 (ESV)

This is part of a series that I wrote showing the mission trip I took to Liberia.
I divided the subjects into individual pages, for ease of use.

Here are a few articles that I wrote upon my return:
One Drop