2012 - Liberian Mission Trip - A Few Notable Places

Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Complex. It's an ironic name because of the atrocities done by Samuel Doe. When I asked why they don't change the name, they told me that they don't want to upset the tribe Samuel Doe is from because they still view Doe as a hero.

St. Peter's Lutheran Church in Monrovia. This church is the site of the worst massacre in the civil wars. Under the leadership, although probably not directly, of Samuel Doe, the Armed Forces of Libreria marched into this church and slaughtered 600 or so men, women, and children. It was a terrible atrocity.

You can read more about the massacre at St. Peter's Luther Church in this article: Massacre of 600 Liberian men women and children 19 years ago remembered at Grace Lutheran Church.

This is part of a series that I wrote showing the mission trip I took to Liberia.
I divided the subjects into individual pages, for ease of use.

Here are a few articles that I wrote upon my return:
One Drop